Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Has Come and Gone


  I must say Thanksgiving of 2012 was peaceful and enjoyable. No stress as I prepared the Thanksgiving feast, it was presented almost on time with no glitches and it was gone in a blink and a nod. I had anticipated  a pairing for each course but it simply did not happen. Not a single person who graced my table was interested in the taste of wine with their meal.  I will not bore you with the details here but may entertain the idea of reviewing each after I have the opportunity to uncork and enjoy at a later date.

 After I was able to pull myself from the turkey coma I had so willingly slipped into on Thanksgiving, two days after I found myself with the opportunity to gaze admiringly at a glass of Chateau Le Pin Pomerol 99. Admittedly a surprise offering and I was not disappointed.  Its origin is from Bordeaux France, it is limited to around 5000-6000 bottles produced each year. It is in a word... Wonderful. Cherry,  more mocha than chocolate, with fruity notes.It certainly is full bodied with a number of complex layers that make it one of the top 5 wines I have been fortunate to enjoy over the past 40 years. If you ever come across someone opening a bottle and willing to part with a taste I encourage you not to hesitate.

  
... Marcus Padulchick

No comments:

Post a Comment