Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Thoughts On This and That. About Wine of Course


I have been given some time to sit and ponder and I ponder as I sit. I have been a wee bit under the weather of late and rather running either tither to meet with clients I have been doing a great deal of work from home via the phone and Skype. I have to say I find it far less appealing than being face to face with someone.

I find it vital to communication to be completely engaged with someone, misunderstandings happen often when we utilize passive communication. Example, a neutral email or text, that when read may be off putting or turn that person to a state that the sender had no intention of creating.

How does this have anything to do with wine? Well, stay with me. When we walk into a store to purchase a bottle or two, or three or oh, OK, maybe a case we only have passive communication to make that important decision. The label may call to us, the vineyard may be one we are familiar with or not at all. We may be drawn to the location from which it came to life, be it France, Chile', Australia, California.. you get the idea.  These are all pieces of information that we as the consumer and lovers of wine have to work with. Yes, we can read reviews, but still it falls upon us to pull the trigger and part with our hard earned cash to eventually, with much anticipation, pull the cork and hope and pray to the gods and goddess' of the vine that what we are about to imbibe will be of satisfaction and great worth.

What I have found to be a valuable asset in making choices that I truly enjoy is consulting with my partner in wine Tom Cook. He is a walking encyclopedia of wine information.

I can not be more passionate about suggesting you reach out to Tom  and pick his brain on all things wine.


#TomCook, #Wine, #Knowledge

... Marcus

______________

No comments:

Post a Comment