Monday, September 9, 2013

"Extreme Value" Wines



I was asked some time ago what wine comes to mind when someone comments about "extreme value" wines. I have to say it did not take 3 seconds for me to respond with "2 Buck Chuck". The look upon the face of the person asking indicated beyond a doubt they  had no idea to what I was referring. Allow me to explain. Two buck chuck is a extreme value or bargain priced wine with the label Charles Shaw. Charles Show winery was one that went out of business after attempting to produce  Beaujolais-style wines in the Napa Valley AVA . The name was sold and currently Charles Shaw is produced by the Bronco Wine Company in Ceres California.





2 Buck Chuck which now runs closer to $3 or $4 a bottle holds almost a cult like following for those who frequent Trader Joe's Markets. The wine is almost exclusively a blend of California wines.

I must say that first time someone presented me a bottle of 2 buck chuck I was a little taken back.
But after sampling a few bottles over time I have found it to be a very drinkable wine for almost any occasion.

I suggest you check out Charles Shaw and see if you become one of the minions who find "2 Buck Chuck" to be one to have in your wine cellar. You may be pleasantly surprised as well.

#wine, #value, #TraderJoe, #CharlesShaw


... Marcus Padulchick

No comments:

Post a Comment