Monday, October 21, 2013

Best with Burgers


Right out of the gate I make no apologies for being a carnivore. If you are off red meat, are a vegetarian, or vegan etc. I respect your choice as I hope you will respect mine. Nasty comments will get you booted quicker than trying to spot a shooting star. That being said.

Many do not think about pairing wine with a delicious, succulent burger. However, next time you go to order your favorite beer take pause and think a hardy,rich, spicy Zinfandel. Yes in deed, I tried a 2006 Zin from Ravenswood Napa Valley. If you can find it, a bottle runs between $15-$22. I enjoyed this primarily because it did not give up when it was paired with a Gorgonzola stuffed burger with scallions and shitaki mushrooms. Most wines would simply wimp out with the combination of these flavors. If you are thinking of your traditional burger with or without cheese and bacon. (horrible thought) you may want to even go with a white. A rich robust Chardonnay. You will have to experiment to find one that comes together nicely. I have not ordered a white as of yet, ordering a white with a burger even to this day does not flow easily from my lips.

Til next time, drink up, enjoy and forget about getting behind machinery that goes over 5 miles an hour. #wine, #napavalley, #Bugers, #Ravenswood.


.... Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment