Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wine and Sushi, Why Not?

I must say I was asked a question the other day that I had never given a great deal of time or thought to. What would I pair with a meal of sushi? I truly had to sit with it for a while. What does someone drink with sushi? Thinking back and digging deep into my minds eye I remembered seeing people drinking  Japanese beer,drinking  not Chinese tea, ice tea, water and of course, ugh. Soda. Sorry, I am not a soda drinker, never have been, never will be. I digress.
Sushi and a wine pairing. If it was me and the occasion arose where my guests wanted an adult beverage with a meal of sushi, I would have to go first with beer, but this blog is not about beer. Fine, I would pair with Champagne, yes, there I went and said it. Champagne or at least a sparkling wine. Why you may be asking? Think about it for a moment, Champagne is cold, it grabs at your taste-buds. It truly does complement the complex flavors of sushi.

.... Marcus Padulchick


No comments:

Post a Comment